Dickson Municipal Court is searching for a records clerk.
As a records clerk, responsibilities include
- Greeting and serving the public at the counter and on the telephone, responding to inquiries in a courteous manner, providing information within scope of knowledge and authority
- Proofreading own material to assure proper layout, arrangement, grammatical composition, spelling, and inclusion of all pertinent information
- Conferring with the Assistant Municipal Clerk for directive when appropriate
- Attending court sessions and records and calculates court costs and gathers information from defendants pertaining to collecting fines and costs
- Issues paperwork in regard to all city cases (i.e.: subpoenas and change of court date notices)
- Collecting payments provided by defendants for fines and costs; maintaining all paperwork required to keep proper records for all monies
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and a high school diploma or equivalent diploma, and have prior experience with office procedures
Applicants also must be able to pass a drug screen.
To apply for this position, please fill out an application at or provide a resume to the Dickson Municipal Court Clerk’s Office, 202 S. Main St., 37055 8:00 am-3:00 pm Monday -Friday through June 2, 2023.